- 1 small-medium beet (1 cup)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 table spoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 table spoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/4 tea spoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt to taste
- 3-4 table spoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (optional)
Place beet and water in a pot, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Lower the heat to medium and let it simmer until the beet is tender (15- 20 minutes). Let it cool to room temperature. Peel, cut into 1/2 in cubes and set aside.
Place all ingredients other than the garnish ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle olive oil over the hummus. Sprinkle with pistachios and fresh dill. Serve with pita bread wedges or crackers.
Afiyet Olsun! Bon Appetit!
|Hummus with Red Beets|